1009 - Arranging Amplifiers

Discussion around the problems of the COJ.
Forum rules
Remember that posting AC code is not allowed here. If you are going to ask a question or to post a solution, describe your algorithm instead. Posting AC code will be penalized.
dovier
Cuba

1009 - Arranging Amplifiers

Post by dovier » 8 years ago

José Carlos

Re: 1009 - Arranging Amplifiers

Post by José Carlos » 8 years ago

The administrator could check the ouput data and tell us why are so many presentation errors since the site change.. nobody has AC since then.. If not could give us a hit what are we missing?? Thanks..

george

Post by george » 8 years ago

José Carlos wrote:The administrator could check the ouput data and tell us why are so many presentation errors since the site change.. nobody has AC since then.. If not could give us a hit what are we missing?? Thanks..
The datasets were fixed, there was an error.

Thanks for your collaboration.

adrianc

Post by adrianc » 8 years ago

Please check the datasets again because im getting TLE no matter what i do and i have submitted a friend ac solution and got TLE too ...

george

adrianc wrote:Please check the datasets again because im getting TLE no matter what i do and i have submitted a friend ac solution and got TLE too ...
I just check ac solutions and remains AC.

adrianc

please check java submissions too!!

george

adrianc wrote:please check java submissions too!!
There are not AC submissions in Java in COJ v2 for this problem, remember that v1 use to give java solutions a factor for time increasing, this practice was considered wrong in v2 so there are no longer special treatments to any language in the COJ.

i hope this help you.

adrianc

then i guess the time limit is on the edge and maybe you could reconsider it, because not everyone use C++... i use C# and im doing ONLY an Array.Sort to the input data and that TLEd, and there are some other problems that expose the same behavior... for example:
problem 1487 Alarms
problem 1830 Again Making Queries I (no Ac solutions in C# and only 2 in java)
among others...
i ve tried all those problems and got TLE with C# and Java, then i rewrite the same algorithm in C++ and Ac... Why...??? i guess that gives the C++ programmers some sort of leverage! please reconsider this matter.
thank you for the time

Phantom

Post by Phantom » 8 years ago

I am agreeing with adrianc, because personally, I know program C++, but I dislike it very much. I generally program in Python, C# and Ruby; and for me, get TLE whit good algorithms, now is something normal. I think these problems mustn’t exist. And… specially in this problem, I got a TLE too. We are the 99% :D

george

adrianc wrote: i ve tried all those problems and got TLE with C# and Java, then i rewrite the same algorithm in C++ and Ac... Why...??? i guess that gives the C++ programmers some sort of leverage! please reconsider this matter.
thank you for the time
As you know c++ is by far faster than java and c# thus your problem can be caused because the algorithm you are using is not efficient enough because this problems had ac solutions in java.

Return to “Problem set”