1667 - Reading a Quadtree

Discussion around the problems of the COJ.
Forum rules
Remember that posting AC code is not allowed here. If you are going to ask a question or to post a solution, describe your algorithm instead. Posting AC code will be penalized.
Phantom

1667 - Reading a Quadtree

Post by Phantom » 8 years ago

http://coj.uci.cu/24h/problem.xhtml?abb=1667

This problem is very very beautiful! I like it! But... Please... Can you post some example that you know work, because I don't know what more can I do. :cry:

Sorry for my bad English...

jelara
Mexico

Re: About G - Reading a Quadtree

Post by jelara » 8 years ago

Read the forum rules (you know, that very visible red square at the top :) ). Code posting is not allowed here.

Describe your algorithm and some programmer will be able to help you.

Phantom

Reading a Quadtree

No, sorry if I didn’t explained well. I don’t want you post code, only an example as the normal example in the exercise in the input. My program works for the “normal” input. I spouse my problem is in a degenerate case, but… which case may be?? :D Do you understand me now?? The algorithm… well… is very simple... I build the QuadTree and after draw the field in a matrix, after recognize the points as say the problem and… print it! Nothing more.

Phantom

JoJoJo :twisted: I got an accepted, people!! My problem was that I am traumatizing with all this problems that always have at least a snare.

jelara
Mexico

Post by jelara » 8 years ago

Ah, I see what you mean. It has happened many times to me during a contest... it can be very frustrating :D
You must always, always think of extreme cases or possible exceptions to your algorithms. The most likely extreme cases are zero, one, negative numbers (when not ruled out by the problem description) or the maximum number.
Well, happy to hear about your AC ;)

Return to “Problem set”