The 1st COJ Progressive Contest

ymondelo20

The 1st COJ Progressive Contest

Post by ymondelo20 » 7 years ago

Today we will host "The 1st Progressive Contest" http://coj.uci.cu/contest/contestview.xhtml?cid=1125
Please, any bug that you find during the execution of the contest, write it in this thread to fix it promptly.
We hope that you enjoy it very much!!! Thank you and have fun!
COJ Development Team (CDEVT).

For more information, read the following rules carefully:

This is a new style of contest that we are showing to you. The challenge is as follows:
  • - The problems are divided by difficulty levels, and in the begining you only have access to the first level of problems.
    - In order to gain access to the next level of problems, you must solve a specific number of problems from the current level (defined by the ContestSetter).
    - Not all levels require the same amount of problems, and, of course, we design each level to be more challenging than the last one.

About the ranking of the contest...
  • - Rejected submissions will not have time penalty.
    - There will be no (less or more) points for solving any problem after or before another user.
    - Users that have solved one problem, gain the same points for them. The gained points are in this form: TPOINTS / USERS where TPOINTS is the Total Point defined for all the problems in the contest and USERS are those users that have solved the problem in question. Note that when new users solve the problem, the points gained will decrease.
    -If two users have the same points in the ranking, the user who has solved his/her problems before, must be above the other user in the rank.
For this Contest we have six levels of problems, and you need to solve four problems from each one to pass to the next level. On the other hand, you only need to solve 28 problems in the entire contest to see all the problems in all the levels.
Problems by levels:
  • Level 1 : 8 problems.
    Level 2 : 7 problems.
    Level 3 : 6 problems.
    Level 4 : 5 problems.
    Level 5 : 4 problems.
    Level 6 : 3 problems.

Can you get to the last level?
Last edited by ymondelo20 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Every problem has a simple, fast and wrong solution" OJ's Main Law. ;)

ymondelo20

Re: 1st Progressive Contest Thread...

In this post I will summarize in a list, the bugs that will be encountered during the execution of this competition.
Likewise, I will update the status of it, once it has been corrected.

Current List :
  • 1 - The overview of the contest, must be personalized for the currently style of contest. Actually, it's standar for all contests (in this case show information that no corresponds with progressive style, for example, the penalty time). It must show how many problems you need solve to advance between levels and how many problems are on each level of the contest.[FIXED...]
    2 - The current place in the ranking of the contest is showing "0" for all users. %ACC is showing 0.0 too.[FIXED...]
    3 - It show gold, silver, and bronze medals in the second, third, ..., page of the ranking, corresponding to place between 31 and 42 of the contest (second page, for example), and so on.[FIXED...]
    4 - When new users are solving the problems that i have done before, it must decrease my points in the ranking, but instead of that, my points are increased, and the points of all users that have solved too. Although they (points gained for both users) remain the same for one and another, this should be so.[FIXED...]
    5 - May be helpfull, show in the problems view how many users are already solved each problem: with this, you can see how many points you are gained for each problem that have solved.[DONE...]
    6 - May be helpfull, show in the standings view the current level gained for each user in the contest.[DONE...]
    7 - At "level x" users can submit solutions to tasks of high levels (x+1,x+2,...,x+n), although he can't see that problem.[FIXED...]
Last edited by ymondelo20 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 8 times in total.

S3R61NH00

Post by S3R61NH00 » 7 years ago

HI i found a bug when im going to submit a problem i selected the language java and the interface dont change me to java :) THANKS

ymondelo20

S3R61NH00 wrote:HI i found a bug when im going to submit a problem i selected the language java and the interface dont change me to java :) THANKS
Really, I think that, it's currently inactive for all languages in the submitting interface of the contests module.

codemonkey

Post by codemonkey » 7 years ago

The contest is very interesting. Thanks to COJ Development Team (CDEVT) for this great challenge!!!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 7 years ago

ymondelo20 wrote:In this post I will summarize in a list, the bugs that will be encountered during the execution of this competition.
Likewise, I will update the status of it, once it has been corrected.

Current List :
  • 1 - The overview of the contest, must be personalized for the currently style of contest. Actually, it's standard for all contests (in this case show information that no corresponds with progressive style, for example, the penalty time). It must show how many problems you need solve to advance between levels and how many problems are on each level of the contest.
    2 - The current place in the ranking of the contest is showing "0" for all users. %ACC is showing 0.0 too.
    3 - It show gold, silver, and bronze medals in the second, third, ..., page of the ranking, corresponding to place between 31 and 42 of the contest (second page, for example), and so on.
    4 - When new users are solving the problems that i have done before, it must decrease my points in the ranking, but instead of that, my points are increased, and the points of all users that have solved too. Although they (points gained for both users) remain the same for one and another, this should be so.
1,2,3,6 Already fixed/done

4- The Scoring system in this contest style is similar to the scoring use in 24h (points - points/ac), when a new user accepts a problem, the score of the users that have already done it is decreased using the formula "((points - points/ac) - (points - points/(ac+1)))" while the score of the user that get accepted is increased in this value "(points - points/(ac+1))"
ac -> amount of users solving the problem before the new ac solution.

Thanks for your cooperation and feel free to suggest anything related to the new Contest Style, your opinion matters.

codemonkey

I wanna report a bug:
A "level 1" user can submit solutions to tasks of high levels, although he can't see that problem.

ymondelo20

codemonkey wrote:I wanna report a bug:
A "level 1" user can submit solutions to tasks of high levels, although he can't see that problem.
We will look into that. Thank you...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 7 years ago

codemonkey wrote:I wanna report a bug:
Dear users, the bug was fixed, thanks a lot for your collaboration, it is vital for improving the system.

codemonkey

How is possible that the users that solved all the problems have different score? :geek:

Return to “The COJ Progressive Contests”