Ruby

Discussion on other languages at the COJ. This is the place to clear your doubts about these languages, and to share with the community the new things you learn about them.
Robbin

Re: Ruby

Post by Robbin » 6 years ago

Sorry, I saw it yesterday, but I was working on the extraclass of BD, so I couldn´t response..
that´s util..
Hey: I was looking for a IDE for ruby, and one of my partners told me that the IDEs he´d seen are only for LINUX, not for WINDOWS..
Do you know where can I find one??

Phantom

Ruby IDE´s

Post by Phantom » 6 years ago

In my computer I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 (Linux), and in the two operative systems I use the same IDE (I mean I have the versions for Linux and for Windows) to program in Ruby, Java, C, C++ and Python. For the first 4 languages mentioned, I use Netbean 6.8 and PyCharm 2.5 for program in Python. Those are the best IDE´s I seen for program in those languages.

Robbin

NetBean 6.8..
thanks, man..

hey:
do you know how to eork with geany??

Phantom

What is that?? An IDE??

Robbin

that´s a text editor, but, with the gcc you can compile programs for a long list of languages..

Phantom

Ah!!! I know what program you are talking about… Its icon is a demitasse. This program is in Linux too. My friends said that it is e good text editor. In Windows, the text editor that I use is the Notepad++. If I can program in C# with geany, it sound perfect.

Robbin

Yes, I gess you can program in C# in the geany editor..
but I thought it was made for WINDOWsS too

Phantom

Yeah!! Geany have a version in windows too. I not prove program in C, C++ or C# with Geany, but with Ruby and Python works very well.

Robbin

And how do I use it??

well I found a program for ruby: JetBrains RubyMine..
is it a good program??

Phantom

Mmmm… I haven´t see JetBrains RubyMine, but… I have seen too many programs did by JetBrains, and all are very good tools. Let me tell you an example, I program in Python on PyCharm, and this is the best IDE I seen for program in Python, and… PyCharm is made by JetBrains. Another example is ReSharper, which is a plugin for Visual Studio for oversimplify the programing in C#; and are another tool like ReSharper but for Java (made by JetBrains too). For this things I know about JetBrains, I spouse RubyMine is very good too.

Return to “Other languages”