Rejudgements and Locked Solutions

Here is where you should report any bugs detected in the COJ. Our development team will take care of them as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please, do not reply to an existing thread to report a new bug. Open a new thread instead. Also, please check the existing bug reports before posting a new one.
humbertodiaz

Rejudgements and Locked Solutions

Postby humbertodiaz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:59 pm

First, this is a hypothetical issue, not one that I've encountered personally. I thought it would be worth bringing up.

What happens if a user submits a solution to a problem that has a mistake, then locks his solutions, and then the problem is corrected and rejudged? Does that cause any issues? Moreover, if the user's solution is invalidated, what happens with the lock?

humbertodiaz

Re: Rejudgements and Locked Solutions

Postby humbertodiaz » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:52 am

It might be worth noting that this (potential) issue is a lot more plausible now. The temporary increase in time limits could lead to this happening. A user might have a solution that's slow, but is accepted because time limits were extended. Once the time limits are reduced again, that user's solution might be rejected, but they may have already locked solutions.

ymondelo20
COJ Administrator

Re: Rejudgements and Locked Solutions

Postby ymondelo20 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:53 pm

This can be corrected with a simple query, just my opinion: lock must not remain for that users.
"Every problem has a simple, fast and wrong solution" OJ's Main Law. ;)

Return to “Bugs”